Wednesday 23 March 2011

Mini Mt Moreland in Sea Park

by Andy Ruffle

Over the past two evenings I've been treated to a wonderful display of hundreds of Barn Swallows swooping around my garden. They seem to be appearing around 1800 and gradually work their way towards the Southport area before disappearing again. I'm now wondering where they might be roosting, as they are hanging around too late to venture off to Umzumbe I'd say. I intend to check out the old Southport roost tonight and I'll post my findings.

Update- Well needless to say, all I saw this evening were two stray Barnies. The previous nights shows were possibly birds making their way north ready for the long journey back to their breeding grounds.

For an update on the real Mt Moreland Swallows see.....here

No comments:

Post a Comment